Wednesday, April 23, 2014

BLIND NO MIRROR 2 MIN MAKEUP CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!

For my in class video session, I decided to bring YouTube to the classroom and film a no mirror, two minute blind makeup challenge.

Challenge of all sorts are all the rave among the professional YouTube bloggers so I decided to film one of these challenges, but in front of an audience in class.   Most of the time, people spend their time watching this videos in the privacy of their room, usually alone or with a small group of friends, and without the blogger in the room physically.  But how many opportunities does the blogger ever have to film a video in front of an audience to see their live reactions? Probably hardly ever!

4 comments:

  1. I had fun watching you challenge yourself with the fast makeup application. It was an interesting perspective that clashes against the typical "I take forever to apply my makeup" that I hear from individuals a lot. Even though you didn't finish, you looked great and it was interesting to think about what if everyone only had a couple minutes to do makeup every day and what that would influence "beauty" to be accepted as. The fact that it made me think in a sort of domino-effect way was what categorizes it as art for me..so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your challenge had a special twist compared to those already posted on youtube by having an audience! It was almost like performance art watching apply make up on yourself. I thought the project was well executed and highlighted a sub culture of the makeup in the youtube community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ariel, i think you brought up a really good point about the difference of doing this makeup ritual alone vs. doing it in front of a crowd. I thought the electro/ Mario polka music and glitzy effects were a nice touch to your expressive expressions. I wish it was easier to hear what you were saying though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ariel this is wonderful piece as It presents what you do and who you are in a quick fashion, I can never do it without a mirror! its truly amazing. The music that comes along, needless to say, added a very nice, humorous, cheerful tint of emotions to this! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

play nice :)