Sunday, February 23, 2014

Something is Happening | Exhibition Experience

This past Thursday, my digital processes class had its opening night at the Mudd Library at Lawrence University in Appleton, WI.  Even though the rain and lightning scared away some people from coming, the experience was definitely a success!

Our exhibition was focused on our photo books that we made for our Something is Happening project.  For the exhibition, we had to make two inkjet prints and frame them, something I've never done before.  I absolutely loved the process of going through the photos and choosing the two photos I thought best represented my collection and overall message.  Although I did run into some hiccups with the inkjet printer, I was very happy with the end result.

One thing that I've found throughout my classes where I deal with time-consuming art is how short my attention span is.  With makeup, the process usually only takes an hour or two at most, but the process that we went through for this project took much longer that.  I'm finding that I need to develop my patience for art that takes a little longer than I'm used to. Knowing my brain though, I probably won't be able to.

All in all, I'm extremely proud of everyone's work and am glad that our efforts were successful! This was a great experience!

2 comments:

  1. My patience for the photo project and art in general can also be very low at times. But seeing the end result in the exhibition made me realize how much it is worth it! I think focusing on that end result will help me and other people maintain motivation to do our best work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The short attention span of all true artists: it's why getting organized and working together makes it all work out in the end.

    And a success, it was. Thanks a lot for your help. You have a great aesthetic sense, regardless of your patience.

    ReplyDelete

play nice :)